Monday, 5 May 2014
@Gillette @GilletteArabia Declares Football Fans: ‘The True Stars of the Game’ - Gillette Searches for Middle East’s Biggest Football Fans
As this summer’s big football tournament approaches Gillette is celebrating the Middle East’s football fans and looking for the region’s biggest football fans who are “More than a Fan”. The ‘Made of Steel, Driven By Colors’ campaign will challenge fans to show their passion for the game and prove they are ‘More Than A Fan’. Those who excel with their knowledge and participation in the ‘More Than a Fan’ contest will win a trip all the way to Brazil, where they might get to watch one of Gillette’s new brand ambassadors in action, including Brazil’s national team, Lionel Messi, Joe Hart, Thomas Muller and Oscar Junior.
Speaking about the search for the region’s biggest fan, Lea Jarrar, Gillette Brand Manager, P&G said:
“Soccer is the #1 passion of men in Arab world – They even become more passionate about international teams they support more than their own national teams at times! There are two things that hundreds of millions of men do almost every day: shave and watch football. Such is the strong link that during this summer’s big tournament Gillette will be supporting one team; the football fans. Gillette recognizes that football is a test for fans and players alike; an unwavering commitment to their colors. We are asking football supporters to show they are made of steel and driven by their colors, and will be rewarding those most fanatical.”
Football fans show their colors while watching the match, so Gillette has also decided to give men everywhere the opportunity to show their colors when they shave. In honor of the tournament’s hosts as well as football fans, Gillette has also launched a series of limited edition Brazil Fusion ProGlide. The razors feature the instant recognizable team livery of yellow and blue, alongside the famous logo
Building on the breakthrough technology in Gillette Fusion, the Brazil sponsored razors incorporate feature Gillette Fusion ProGlide’s series of unique technologies that address critical areas for a better shave and deliver incredible comfort and performance:
1. Re-engineered Low Cutting Force Blades with thinner, finer edges and our advanced low-resistance coating enabling the blades to cut effortlessly through hair with less tug and pull.
2. A Blade Stabilizer to maintain optimal blade spacing for comfort, while allowing the blades to adjust to the contours of a man’s face.
3. A streamlined Snowplow Comfort Guard which channels excess shave prep to help maintain optimal blade contact, stretching the skin for a close, comfortable shave.
4. A Larger Lubrastrip infused with mineral oil and lubricating polymers, enabling the razor to move smoothly over skin even on repeat strokes.
5. An improved Precision Trimmer including an enhanced blade, a comb guard to better align long hairs, and new rinse-through slots.
6. A Redesigned Handle with bigger, more ergonomic grips for better control and improved transition between front and back shaving surfaces.
7. An innovative Microcomb, exclusively on Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power, that helps guide hair to the blade.
Football fans wanting to test themselves and prove they are ‘More Than A Fan’ need to head to www.facebook.com/gillettearabia. The contest starts mid-April and will conclude mid-June.